Thursday, June 16, 2011

Manny


I decided that walk buddy number two would be "the largest dog I could find"; if there was a cougar out there, we were NOT going to make it easy. Manny is a very sweet and very large seven year old pointer lab mix. As we left the shelter, I felt confidant that all was well and we would have a good walk. Manny had other plans. As usual, our first stop was the exercise yard; Manny went in, but sat at the gate and would not move. As we left the exercise area for the open desert, Manny made it clear that his preference was the parking lot. He wanted to be near everyone getting into a car and to sniff every car. He does obey, so he walked with me (tail dragging) several yards down the desert path, however I soon realized he was trying to tell me that he wanted to go for a ride, not a walk. As soon as he realized we were going to get in my car he perked up and jumped into the back seat. I had been to Costco so he was crowded between groceries but happy. He was very well behaved sitting up in the middle getting maximum AC in his face and not even sniffing the groceries. When we returned to the shelter, I realized I should have gotten permission before taking him for a ride - next time I'll know. Manny is such a sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment