Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Leon has a forever home and Tanner has made a transition



Leon was adopted Friday shortly after our walk. As some of you know I'm getting ready for an unexpected trip to Atlanta, so I just cannot remember which "potential Leon owners" I may have talked with as I brought him in. I'm sure he will do well as he is a wonderful dog.

I along with some of you have been concerned that it has taken longer than we've come to expect for Tanner (red bone coon hound) to find his forever home. Among the volunteers, he is close to "Vincent" status as a favorite, but apparently hound breeds are harder to place. So, Tanner is now in doggy foster care at home with a family, still awaiting permanent adoption but getting lots of love and attention in the interim. The organization handling this is a wonderful local rescue group of volunteers called "All for Dogs". I emailed them my write up on Tanner and they responded very promptly; they agree that Tanner is great and will likely find his forever home soon. I'm very impressed with this group and with what the volunteers accomplish on very little.

No comments:

Post a Comment