Sunday, June 26, 2011

Maggie


I intended to walk completely through the dog area to assess who had not yet had a walk by a volunteer, before selecting my walking buddy; I did not get past the first kennel. Maggie, sitting up and waving hello is "show stopper" cute. According to her profile she is a four year old cocker/terrier mix but she looks very much like an un-clipped miniature poodle and seems just as smart. After my scary adventure last week I decided stay out of the open desert however I figured the dogs would still like to rough it, so I found a large weedy area fairly close in for our walk. Maggie made it clear that she preferred mowed grass, sidewalks and quiet paved roads. We walked according to Maggie's agenda and had a great time. She is really a sweetie.

When I left the shelter, I met Al at the Bend Genealogy annual yard sale and while thinking of my long-ago family, I remembered I had a Great Aunt Maggie and Uncle Buford. Buford the beagle is cuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment