Sunday, June 26, 2011

Buford


When you walk through the dog area you generally have to be in front of each kennel to see each dog, since the kennel sides are solid to about three feet off the floor giving the dogs privacy from each other. Buford is a very sweet and social four year old beagle and no three foot barrier is going to keep him from attempting to connect. As I glanced down the row of kennels, I saw these beagle ears flying as he jumped in his kennel. Even though I expected he might be a "puller"since he was so enthusiastic, he was just such a beautiful beagle I could not pass him by. As soon as I opened his door to collar him, I told him to sit and he did. I used an extended leash with him to give him the opportunity to do lots of expanded sniffing in an open weedy field near 27th street. Being a hound, he loved exploring with his nose, but about every five minutes he happily trotted back to me and wagged just to check in. He was very good on the leash, no pulling at all during our walk. When we returned and encountered other dogs near the shelter, he really wanted to visit. He was surrendered to the shelter from a multi -dog home and he just loves other dogs. I believe this is likely the reason for his jumping in his kennel, he just wants to see the other dogs. He is really a wonderful and beautiful dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment