Friday, May 27, 2011

Miles


I usually go completely through the dog area to see who has not yet had a walk before selecting my walking buddy, but Miles was in the first kennel I came to and was so cute, that he was the one. Miles is a year and a half old beagle in love with the world and everything in it. I took him first to the exercise area, but he spotted some of the shelter staff so headed straight for the fence to visit. On our walk he was so interested in sniffing every single thing we likely made less than 100 yards in 40 minutes. As I watched him enjoying every inch of ground, he reminded me of someone who loved to read set loose in the New York Public Library. As we made our way "slowly" back toward the shelter and encountered other volunteers walking dogs, Miles was just overcome with joy at seeing them. Miles still has a lot of puppy in him, so he will need more training, but he has a good start on the basics and is totally lovable. He is way cuter than this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment