Friday, May 9, 2014

Beau


I just could not resist Beau's sweet, intelligent face.  He's a pale apricot, miniature poodle, about eight and at the shelter because his owners could no longer keep him.   He was all wags as he met me at his back door but settled quickly to get harnessed.  Our first stop in the exercise yard was a bit of a disappointment for me, Beau went dashing around, sniffing, munching grass and taking care of business, of course, but he was not as responsive to me as I would have liked. 

Once I had him re-harnessed and we began our walk, he was perfect on the leash.  He did not pull and was very responsive to my voice.  I began to notice after a few petting stops he was beginning to know I was his friend.  Many dogs assume this, but I find that poodles are so intelligent,  they often do not take things for granted.

On our second stop in the exercise yard, I had clearly passed Beau's friend test.  He was delighted to come when called, and sit on command, not for a treat, just for affection.  He is so sweet and cuddly once he knows you.  Let's hope this great  guy finds his person and that they know what a wonderful little friend they've got.




No comments:

Post a Comment