Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Say Hello and Welcome Home to Chauncey


I was forewarned that likely Chauncey would not leave his kennel, he is very timid.  This cute little one year old Silky Terrier was going to be a challenge.  I loaded my pocket with cheese cubes (his favorite) and went to meet the elusive Chauncey.  It was really odd because he knew that a harness and leash meant something good, and quickly came to me, but backed off as soon as I attempted to put on the harness.  Not wanting to add to his discomfort, I talked and talked  very softly, fed him cheese, etc; nothing worked, Chauncey dug in and was not budging. 

Once I got home later that day, I noticed that shy little Chauncey was no longer listed at the Shelter's website.  Apparently a potential adopter had stopped by, it was a two way "love at first sight" with Chauncey joyously greeting his brand new person.  Chauncey is in his new home in time for the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment