Friday, March 22, 2013

Hurley




I think I'm going to start avoiding Thursdays.  It seems like every dog I select to walk is in surgery being neutered.  Hurley, previously neutered, is a gorgeous  3 year old Lab/Golden mix who was surrendered to the shelter just yesterday because his family was moving and could not take him along.  Sometimes  new arrivals are very nervous and difficult to get harnessed, etc.  Hurley was a little timid but after just a minute or two he came to me and was  easily harnessed.  He was a little tense hearing all of the barking but was happy to walk  along beside me up the hall and out the door with no pulling. 

Once in the exercise yard Hurley quickly demonstrated that he is a well trained dog. He walks nicely on a leash, comes when he is called, sits, goes down and -amazingly- heels (lower video).  I know many families are forced to make harsh economic decisions but surrendering this dog has to have hurt.  My videos leave a lot to be desired but I hope they give you a sense of this very special dog in action.

Hurley will fit in most anywhere since he does well with other dogs, cats and kids, as young as two.  Let's hope his wait is short.

Sorry to say I'm back to YouTube videos.  I'm just not enough of a "techspert"  to figure how to outsmart Google; it's a corporate world out there. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment