Saturday, March 9, 2013

Beebee

Another puppy day at the shelter.  The available adult dogs were being spayed; sisters Beebee, Ceecee and Mimi were toppling all over each, noses pressed through their kennel happily greeting me. These three cuties arrived as an unwanted litter of  3 month old terrier/pit mixes.  Beebee and Ceecee had not yet had one on one time with a volunteer, so my first challenge:  get in, get one at a time, get out and survive more kisses and joy than you can imagine!

We made it the short distance to the get acquainted room (puppy's under 6 months have to stay inside for their safety).  Once in the room Beebee snuggled into my lap and was  happy just to have me pet and talk to her.  This lasted for about the first 10 minutes of our 30 minute "outing".  I eventually succeeded in getting her to play with toys, but I was clearly the best toy of all.  She is such a sweet loving puppy, let's hope she finds her special someone soon








No comments:

Post a Comment