Saturday, November 26, 2011

Koda


By 1:00 on Saturday all of the dogs had been on volunteer walks; so I walked through a second time and did not get past Koda's big brown eyes. I went around to the back of her kennel and, though happily squirming for pets, she made no attempt to bolt out her door; getting her collared was easy. Like all puppies ( six months) she was brimming with energy but the exercise area was in use, so we started our walk without an initial romp. Koda, a Pit Bull seemed to want to stay close, she was very happy to look up and get petted every few minutes. In fact, every time her leash got tangled, she sat down, wagged and waited for me to untangle and pet her, looking at me happily the whole time. I began to suspect that she was getting tangled just to create petting stops, because she she would sit there, tail thumping eager for me to talk to her and pet her while getting her untangled. She is one of the most affectionate dogs I've ever walked in the 8/9 months I've been volunteering here.

On our return, the exercise yard was free so I thought we would go in for some ball chasing. Koda did a little running around but as soon as she saw me sit on the bench, she had to be on my lap showering me with kisses. She is such a sweet little dog, she will make someone a wonderful friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment