Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ringo


I finished my Bend errands and had about an hour for dog walking at the Humane Society. Once again, all of the dogs had been out for at least one walk already at about 2:00. Vincent looked so sweet that I started with him. He was a perfect little dog. I had a bit more time so I took Ringo, a German short haired pointer for a walk. Ringo is a much younger dog, but quite impressive. Every time he saw a bird he stopped, froze and pointed; when I said "good dog" he relaxed and resumed walking. He was so very happy and excited to get to go out and he still sat on command. He even sat on command back at the kennel with all of the other dogs barking. When I got home and told Al about him, he said that some pointers, despite training in birding are never this good. I sure hope that a hunter gets connected with Ringo. As I was signing out I noticed that "Mr Popularity" Vincent was being taken out by a volunteer for his THIRD walk of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment