Monday, March 28, 2011

Lucy has a forever home


News

Lucy has been adopted and I think we all have a pretty good idea of the identity of her lucky new family. Mom is likely beginning extreme workouts as we speak!


When I went into the kennel area of the Humane Society today to pick my walking buddy, two little girls were pressed up against Lucy's kennel petting her while she was squirming all over to get as close as possible for receiving maximum pets. I asked them if they wanted to go out with me for a walk with Lucy, and of course they were thrilled. Lucy is a nine year old springer spaniel with amazing energy. Their Mom did not join us for the walk which was probably a good idea because their "adopt Lucy" strategy was to convince their working Mom that a nine year dog would be perfect for her, since it would not mind spending a fair amount of down time during the day. Oh what surprise Mom is going to be in for! Lucy completely wore me out as well as two ten year olds during a forty minute walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment