Saturday, January 19, 2013

Phillip

How could you not notice Phillip; he is even cuter in person, a beautiful smooth haired German Pointer pup (8 months). As I arrived at his back door he was up on hind legs eager and bouncing.  When I told him to sit, it was kind of a bouncy sit but enough for me to get inside his kennel to get him harnessed and ready to go. We started in the exercise yard where Phillip showed me that he retrieved beautifully, dropping the ball in front of me most every time.  Phillip also came when I called him and sat immediately for a treat.

Once we started our walk, I was prepared for Phillip to be more like some of the older pointers I've walked, independent and driven by their hunting DNA.  Phillip is not.  He walked along interested in his surroundings of course but also cognizant of staying connected with me.  He turned around and made eye contact often as you might expect from a cattle dog.  He is just an amazing young guy.  I know he will make a wonderful companion for some lucky person, let's hope soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment