Sunday, September 9, 2012

Biggy


Biggy is a happy well adjusted eleven year old Pomeranian; they are a long lived breed so he likely has quite a few more good years. As I was reaching in to get his roommate Sugar, he made it clear that he was going to go for the first walk, strutting over (as only a Pom can) and waiting to make sure I got the point. As I picked him up, he settled in and I quickly observed he is rock solid and not at all rattled by the barking all around as we walked through the main kennel area. Once outside he enjoyed some sniffing in the exercise yard but was happy to begin our walk into the bigger world. Though I usually let the dog determine the route, Biggy was more inclined to want me to make the decisions. You can tell he has spent his life in close communication with people. He is a nice comfortable little dog who will make someone a sweet companion. Once our walk was over and he went to his corner of the shared kennel, I figured he might want a nap - wrong. Within just a few minutes, when I returned with Sugar's harness, etc. for another walk "attempt"; Biggy came trotting out ready to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment