Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Princess


Princess caught my eye immediately; a big beautiful boxer with the sweetest face. As I opened her back door to get her leashed she began bouncing so excitedly, I almost had second thoughts. However by getting into her kennel and using my leg to hold her still, I managed to get the collar on her and we raced out. As soon as we got into the outer corridor we met a family with a little girl; Princess was thrilled, she loves kids and this was much more important to her than going out. After a few slobbery boxer pets we continued on down the corridor, then met another little girl - same routine. We eventually made it outside and into the exercise yard where Princess demonstrated how well she "sits" for a treat. In fact, throughout our walk, every time I hesitated and put my hand near my pocket she sat and looked up sweetly waiting for a treat. I was very pleased to find out that she is wonderful on the leash, no pulling at all; very important for a dog of her size and strength. She will make a great companion for anyone but let's hope her next home includes children, she is a natural for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment