Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Blue


I went into the dog area to select my walking buddy and, as usual, lots of barking. It's funny but sometimes you tend to notice the quiet kennels more than the others; that was how I selected Blue. Blue is a seven year old Chow and so fuzzy that unless you really really look at him you cannot see his face. As soon as he saw me put the walk tag on his kennel he came to his back exit door to meet me. I got my first close up look at his cute squashed-in and happy Chow face. It was my first experience of this breed so I did not know what to expect. I think he was a little insecure about leaving the building because for about fifteen minutes, he was reluctant to go more than about 50 yards from the front door of the Humane Society. On reading his background, he was mostly an indoor dog, so I guess this makes sense. Once he got a bit more comfortable with our walk, he was really impressive, prancing as though he was in a show ring and just excellent on the leash. Of course lots of wagging every time I said his name or petted him. Once our walk ended, I figured he was going to be relieved to get back to the familiarity of the shelter but he actually wanted to linger longer. He is really a sweet and intelligent dog.

Just a note, I hope this comes out right; I know that you care about animals but if my little ruminations here at Good Dog, give you concerns and sad feelings and you would like to be removed from my updates; I completely understand. Just let me know. You can still check in whenever you want, you know how to find it. If you were not so sweet and caring, I would not consider you friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment