Thursday, April 4, 2013

Lilly




One more of my breed prejudices bit the dust; really small dogs are really yippy and snippy.  Lilly is   just over two,  a Tea Cup Chihuahua  and  about the sweetest most lovable dog yet!  The very delicate dogs, and young puppies, are housed in  special elevated clear plastic kennels somewhat separate from the other dogs.   As I opened her door she greeted me shyly but with a waggy tail.  We began our outing in a quiet  spot where Lilly could sit on my lap and feel safe watching the world around her.  Though it was warm  she trembled and cuddled close for about 15 minutes.  Since I like sharing videos of the dogs and I thought this could be the entire outing, the top video is mostly Lilly's back. 

When an exercise yard vacated, I carried her over just to see what would happen.  Surprisingly she began to explore, however remaining  close for the first few minutes.  However bravery increased  quickly and soon she was trotting around, happily coming when she was called and flopping over for belly rubs.On the first flop I noticed that Lilly had been a fairly recent Mom. 

On our return I read her profile and saw that she had come in as stray, so her history was a mystery.  As I drove home and thought about this tiny dog I had so many questions:  How could she have ever survived being a stray, did she have puppies to care for in addition to herself,  and the one I always ask; how could anyone have let her go?  I see a great story for all of you potential children's book authors out there!  Let's hope the happy ending comes soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment