Saturday, November 10, 2012

Halie


Though I did not walk Halie I spent enough time with her to be really impressed. As I was walking another dog, I noticed one of the staff doing a video in the exercise yard.  The dog was so "connected" and obedient I thought I was watching a YouTube on dog obedience.  I just had to ask her handler/volunteer her name -Halie.  She is a beautiful two and half year old lab / wire hair mix; actually she looks like a lab with a beard, really cute.   Later that day I was part of a small group getting a hands on lesson in doggy bathing.  Our victim (oops) client, was Halie.  I volunteered to go get her.  She was excited and bouncing around in her kennel but sat immediately when I gave her the command.  She is a big dog so, had she decided not to cooperate, well...., you can imagine; however, our instructor knew what he was doing, Halie was sweeter than sweet, and all went well.  I think her future owner will be nearly as lucky as we were to find Willow and that is saying a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment